How to Apply to the MSAI Program
In order to apply to the graduate program in AI, you must apply to the Graduate School at UGA. You may apply online via the Graduate School web page. Please view the Graduate School Application Check List to ensure that you send all required documents to the Graduate School. There is an application fee, which must be paid at the time the application is submitted.
There are also several required items that need to be sent directly to the Institute for Artificial Intelligence. You can send these items to the attention of Sonya Tino, the Institute's Graduate Coordinator's Assistant.
- 3 letters of recommendation, preferably from university faculty and/or professional supervisors. We encourage you to submit the letters to the graduate school online as you complete the application process.
- A sample of scholarly writing, in English. This can be anything you've written but should give an accurate indication of your writing abilities. The writing sample can be a term paper, research report, journal article, published paper, college paper, etc.
- A completed Application for Graduate Assistantship, if you are interested in receiving funding.
- a Statement of Purpose; and
- a Resume or Curriculum Vitae.
COVID-19 and GRE scores: Due to ongoing disruptions caused by COVID-19, the Institute for Artificial Intelligence is currently waiving the GRE requirement for applicants intending to start during the Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 semesters. Submission of GRE scores is optional.
Further information on program admissions is found in the MSAI Admissions Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ). International Students should also review the links on the Information for International Students page for additional information relevant to the application process.